Friday, February 1, 2013

Design - The Chicago House

I recently had the wonderful opportunity of working with Becky & Tray of Design Trait on a new bar concept downtown, The Chicago House. It's an "American Craft Beer and Cask Ale" house.   Think prohibition era, whiskey barrel goodness downstairs paired with sky blue walls, feminine, vintage chandeliers and shabby chic chairs and banquets upstairs.  The contrast is big but somehow it all works! 

I helped Design Trait source out a few vintage pieces like these big ornate chandelier balls from the Austin Antique Mall  and these gorgeous wooden trunk from Cool Stuff Furniture.  I love to shop for vintage....but to get paid for it?  Um...hello!  Call me again DT...I'm always available for that ;)

 

I also helped with some of the bar's furniture restoration.  I'm super proud of my refinished chairs.  I first sanded them all, applied paint, sanded the paint down to look worn and then sealed them.  It was a lot of work but so happy with the outcome!

Some of my work:









More pics of The Chicago House:




Thanks again for the opportunity!  And like I said....I'm available ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment